How to Look For Homes
Discovering the right home should be an exciting event.
As a Royal LePage Real Estate professional, my commitment is to make your home search as stress-free as possible. I will work with you to determine what you can afford and where you should buy.
Based on your needs, I will help you search for potential homes using all the tools available to me. I have access to virtually every property for sale in the market, and I will pass the information on to you.
I will show you homes that best match your requirements.
- All homes marketed by Royal LePage Coronation West members.
- All properties listed by other brokers through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Properties not on the open market yet.
- Many properties offered “For Sale by Owner”.
- Advertised in newspapers or buyer guides.
- Listings on the Internet.
- Open Houses.
- Properties displaying “For Sale” signs.
To keep focused on homes that are right for you, we will only view those properties that most closely meet your unique needs and interest. We will schedule times to look at homes and tour neighbourhoods so you can get an overall picture of your potential new neighbourhood. After each property viewing, we will discuss the positives and negatives about what we saw, and adjust our game plan as necessary.
The home buying process is organic, and your needs and tastes may change as we go. This is perfectly normal, and we will work together to asses your situation as we go.
Completing Your Purchase
It can take 15-90 days to complete all the steps involved in a home sale, depending on the complexity of the transaction. I will work closely with everyone involved in the transaction to help ensure that it moves ahead as smoothly as possible.
- Explain to you in detail all steps that will occur and answer any questions you might have.
- Work with the Seller’s broker to see that they fulfill their responsibilities under the contract
- Attend the property inspection and review your detailed report.
- Should you choose a condo, we will review your condo documents together to ensure all paperwork is in order.
- Remove conditions and prepare paperwork to be sent off to our lawyer and mortgage broker.
- Stay in touch with your mortgage broker, conveyancing department, and lawyers office to help coordinate their activities and to keep the transaction moving forward.
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible.
- Provide resources for other after-sale homeowner needs.